Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dreams Visions and Saving Money

This is the day that the Lord has made.   Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

My whole church is involved in a "Journey to Freedom".  Freedom from what ever it is that is holding you back from being all God created you to be.  We are in the fourth of our six week journey, and what a challenge this journey has been.  One of the first questions asked is, what has held you back from accomplishing your dream? Of course the dream is different for everyone.

I have thought long and hard about the question and really, I don't have a concrete answer yet.  One of the questions I asked myself is; what is it that really brings me joy?  My answer to myself is- helping other people.  I have not really defined what that really looks like yet.

Today I read a posting from Bishop Bronner on my facebook page, he quoted  Jason Garcia, who said, "A better life will come your way the second you get up and start walking toward it."  What a powerful statement!

Step one then must be to focus on what you want to do.  In my case  that is helping others.  The word of God tells us to write the vision and make it plain.  I know a part of that vision is helping to pass helpful information to you through this blog.  I have lived a long prosperous (not money so much) life. I have had many experiences which has given me knowledge about a great many things. Things that I can share with those who are younger than I am and maybe help them avoid some pitfalls.  I also love to read so I continue to gain new information to share.  So that is the steps I am taking right now on my journey.  I'm still not sure of what else I want to do but, I will keep you informed as I gain new insight. 

I'm getting up and starting walking toward my dream.  How about YOU???


Now, "Let's save some money"
Here are some blogs that I follow, these ladies will keep us up to date on sales, couponing, coupon match up at our favorite stores.  They do a great job so check them out.
1.  Follow my friend Tara on Twitter at Coupon Boot Camp
2.  Penneypinchingdiva.com
3.  Dealseekingmom.com
FYI  Target has Dial Nutriskin Hand Soap on sale this week for $1.37 a bottle  use the $.35 coupon from the Red Plum insert in March 7, 2010 paper, combine it with the $1.00 Target coupon and pay $0.02.  Yes 2 cent,  I said 2 cent a bottle.  Sounds like saving money to me.  If you don't have that coupon, check the coupon exchange box at church on the information desk.  If your church does not have a coupon exchange, you can start one. Send me an email at nnikkigbgb@zoomtown.com and I will tell you how.

No comments: