Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chili with one pound of Ground Beef from Angelfood Ministries

I just finished a big bowl of the Easy Chili (see recipe in  previous post) that I made using the one pound package of ground beef from Angelfood Ministries.  The ground beef was of excellent quality.  There was just enough fat to make it tasty and to keep it moist.

The recipe is very simple and quick.  I did put in the onion. I used one small onion cut up.  I added the water as she suggested. I had Hunt's diced tomatoes with garlic, oregeno and basil so that what I used.  I used the 28oz can.  I did not have Bush's chili beans, so I used Bush's grilling beans. I cooked it in a regular pot for about 45 mins. I left it on low until it was time to eat. I was not feeling the crock pot. I think the longer you cook it on low the better it is.  It was great. Got rave revues!

If you make it send me a comment and let me know what your thoughts are.  Don't forget tp place your Angelfood order.  You will be glad you did!

"Let's save some money"

 Jean

1 comment:

Paula Wethington said...

I'll be making chili later this week too with my AF ground beef. 1 pound beef + 2 small cans diced tomatoes + 2 small cans Bush's chili beans is my recipe -- so I bet your chili and mine taste the same!

BTW I see you are from Ohio. I list Ohio and Michigan frugal and financial bloggers on my blogroll so you're up now.