Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello 2011!!

"Let's Save Some Money"
From the deep south to the far north; snow is everywhere.  It's a great day for soup! I saw the recipe below on the Today Show this morning.  I am making it today; just as soon as my husband slides thru the snow to the store for  me to get a chicken.  I cooked all my  little chickens and now it is time to restock.  I have eaten out of my pantry and freezer all the month of December. So, now it is time to look for a great chicken sale.  I will share the deals with you as I find them.
.
 Visit the Today Cooking School at: http://today.msnbc.msn.com for a recipe to turn your left over Chicken soup into Chicken Pot Pies.

Chicken Soup from Chef Lala
1 Whole Chicken cut up
7 Cups of cold water
1/2 Diced brown onion
2Teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
4 Stalks of celery cut in large pieces
1/2 teaspoon fresh organo
6 Carrots Do not peel-cut into large pieces
1 1/2 Pounds of red potatoes cut into lare pieces-Do not peel
 Salt and Pepper to taste
 In a large stock pot:  Place  the 7 cups of cold water and whole cut up chicken.  Add the onions, chicken bouillon, celery, and oregano cook for 20 mins. Then add the carrots and potatoes, simmer for an additional 20 mins. or until vegetables are tender.  Adjust salt as needed.

I'm serving my soup with Corn Bread.  Yummy! Yummy.

Enjoy
Jean

No comments: