Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stir Things Up In Your Kitchen...LearnThe Basics of Cooking

Stir Things Up In Your Kitchen...LearnThe Basics of Cooking



Hello Everyone,

Several days ago I posted a question.  The question was.  What do you wish your Mama had told you or taught you before you left home to be on your own; keeping house?.  Overwhelmingly, the answer was I wish she had taught me to really cook.  Well Mama, myself included; may not have had the time to really teach you the basic of cooking fully, but I have found a site that can and will.  It is simply called- startcooking.com. The site was started by Kathy Maister, a former Home Economics teacher.  Kathy uses three (3) min. videos that you can access via the internet, on your cell phone or on your iPod. You can get your cooking class wherever you are.  The videos are not only fast paced they are fun, even a seasoned cook like myself will learn something new.  I viewed How to cook
 Rice and learned that if you stir rice more than once during the cooking process you get mushy rice.  Who knew?If you are a brand new cook just learning to boil water or you have cooked for 30 years, take a look at the video "How to fry an egg "  that I posted from startcooking.com. It is just a sample of the great things Kathy has on her site.  So, get started......COOKING!
Cooking at home saves you a lot of money.
View the video on the post just below this one.
As Always,
Jean

"Let's save some money"

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No comments: